At 4-6 weeks I wanted burgers. Big, juicy burgers. mmmmmm. Jay and I went for burgers 3-4 times during that two week period.
At about 7 week, the morning sickness hit and everything changed. In general, I craved comfort food--especially carbs. Bland was good--not something you'd expect from a girl who dumps pepper on just about everything. My super smell sense led me to avoid anything that smelled strongly at all! Suddenly, this Mexican food lover couldn't stand the thought Tex-Mex delightfulness. The thought of one restaurant in particular--Rusty Taco--suddenly made me want to gag--that hasn't let up yet. I didn't really have "cravings"--it really just came down to what actually DID sound good at the moment. Most of the time it was something I saw online and usually NOT what I had packed for lunch that day.
- One day I was browsing ThePioneerWoman.com during lunch and a Greek Salad was posted. I looked up the menus to every deli in the area and went to Corner Bakery to get a Greek Salad. It was good.
- Someone mentioned toast in a forum post. That led to a dinner of scrambled eggs on toast at 10 pm on a Friday night.
But for fun, here are the things that have made me want to barf and the foods I suddenly cannot live without:
- Any kind of Jerky (this item was on the list before I got pregnant, though)
- Rusty Taco. Just Rusty Taco. I don't know why.
- Gummy vitamins (or gummies in general)
- Most Asian food
- Bacon--at least I don't like the smell of it nearly as much as I used to.
- Deeply fried food
- Eggs (weird, huh?)
- Breakfast foods in general
- Fruit, especially watermelon
- Green Machine or Green Monster smoothies
- STRING CHEESE--I've consumed 6 sticks in the past 24 hours
- Grilled Cheese
- Creamy pasta dishes